Cleaning Your Promethean ActivPanels
The following is a procedure to be used in those circumstances where a deep cleaning of the ActivPanel cover glass is required:
- Switch off your ActivPanel and disconnect the power cable Lightly apply 90% ethanol to 100% cotton microfiber cloth
- Lightly apply 90% ethanol to 100% cotton microfiber cloth (recommended to spray onto the microfiber cloth). Do not apply liquids directly to the panel.
- In a single direction, wipe down the cover glass of panel making sure to avoid the narrow sides of the touch bezel. Do not apply excessive pressure to the glass.
- After the application, dry the cover glass with a clean and dry micro fiber cloth.
- Note: please follow all safety and handling instructions listed with the cleaning solution, and keep out of reach of children.
For schools conducting a deep clean of their facilities, please follow these steps to protect your panels in advance of chemicals being sprayed onto surfaces:
- Disconnect the panel form the power source
- Cover all inputs/outputs of the panel to prevent damage to internal electronic components
- Cover all ventilation holes (REMEMBER TO REMOVE ANY COVERING BEFORE USE!)
- Do not use ammonia-based cleaners directly on the panel
- Do not apply liquids directly to the panel
- Do not let any liquid remain on the panel
- When wiping the panel, use a 100% cotton microfiber cloth
- As always, good personal hygiene practices of washing hands should be employed before and after use of the panel