Meet Your New Go-To For Classroom Apps
Teachers Spoke and Google Listened
As of early 2019, over 30 Million students and educators worldwide use Chromebooks in the classroom. With stats like that, it’s no wonder that when educators offer up feedback on Chrome products and services, Google listens.
It turns out that teachers have been spending a lot of time researching classroom apps. Searching for safe apps and inspiration on how to use them has become a part time job. Teachers are constantly on the lookout for ways to make their students’ Chromebooks even more engaging, useful, and secure, so Google thought they would make the search a little easier for them!
Introducing *drum roll please* Chromebook App Hub!
What Is App Hub?
App hub was designed to be a constantly evolving and growing resource for educators, and developers to find and design Chromebook apps and activities. On App Hub, you can:
- Discover new educational Chromebook apps
- Learn each app’s digital policies
- Explore ideas for using Chromebook apps in the classroom
- Build the idea library by submitting your own lessons
Safety first. On top of providing great inspiration on how to use apps in the classroom, App Hub is highly focused on student safety. According to Google, “The App Hub is dedicated to bringing transparency to developers’ data and accessibility policies, and to help decision makers find information about apps to meet the unique learning goals and policies of their school districts.” That means that apps are only put on the hub if developers provide full transparency on digital policies. With App Hub, you will know exactly what data apps pull from your students, so that you can make informed decisions to protect their digital privacy.
What We Like About App Hub
- Filtering makes it easy to find the right apps for your classroom. You’ll be able to zone in on the perfect classroom apps in a fraction of the time. Wave goodbye to hours of research when you enjoy simple, clean searching using targeted filters. Filter by “Idea Categories” like Coding, Entrepreneurship, Music Composition and more. Then, you can get even more specific with filters like age, subject, and learning goals. No matter what you’re looking for, App Hub makes it easy to find it.
- Ideas for teachers by teachers. Not feeling inspired when it comes to Chromebook classroom activities? For days when the creative juices just aren’t flowing, App Hub lets you browse hundreds of unique idea sparks submitted by actual educators. Each idea comes with a general overview, tips for success, and resources for getting started, making it easy to try out new Chrome apps with your class. Additionally, if you have great ideas yourself, you can help build the idea library by contributing an idea spark of your own!
- Safety is the name of the game. You don’t have to worry about student safety anymore when trying new apps. All “apps on the hub are built by developers committed to transparency and security”. With that information at your fingertips, you can pick the best apps for your class all while sticking to your school’s digital safety guidelines.
- THESE ARE GOOD APPS! Every app is student tested and teacher approved, so you won’t be wasting time on total duds. And forget the hours of research! Now, you can start spending that time experimenting with new and exciting Chromebook apps.
Learn how educators in every subject are using their apps to enhance Chromebook facilitated learning. Get started using App Hub today!
Need Chromebooks? FireFly makes it easy with top brands and models in-stock and ready to go. Contact us for more info.